The Julie Alphabet Worksheet
As you might already know, I have recently created a resource library for all the goodies that are free on Cherry Pearl Creative. This week, there’s a new addition to the calligraphy practice worksheets: The Julie Alphabet!
Julie is fun yet strong, and a beautiful alphabet. It comes with arrows indicating the strokes, 3 grey examples of each letter for you to trace over, and then some space to try it yourself.
In case you are new here and would like to have a peak at the (brand new but ever-growing) calligraphy and lettering resource hub, pop your details in below and the password will be sent out to you!
How To Get This Worksheet?
- When you’re over at the library, click on the “Julie Alphabet” download link. It should be a download that shows up in your browser. Hover over it (depending on your browser) and click the save button, and it will be saved to your computer!
- Print it out (or use it digitally, wherever you letter!) I talk about the best paper to use here. Make sure you print it to 100% if you are printing it to A4 paper. Otherwise, scale to “fit page”.
- The Julie Alphabet is made specifically for small brush pens. The ones I recommend are in this article all about pens. So grab your small brush pen and get going!
Some Tips For Your Practice
- Firstly, slow DOWN. It isn’t a race, and focus on getting your strokes smooth and consistent.
- Date the worksheets – keep them and compare them to older ones to see how you’re improving!
- Lift your pen between strokes (especially if you’re new).
- Check your posture occasionally! We don’t want you getting a bad back.
If you haven’t yet started learning brush calligraphy yet, but you would like to, you can get started here.
As always – make sure you tag me in your practices at #cherrypearlpractice. I look forward to seeing what you write!